Saturday, October 25, 2008

Spontaneity

While browsing through a men's health magazine running article, I ran across a list of a few things that men appreciate most in their wives.  One of the first things listed was spontaneity.

I think both husbands and wives appreciate spontaneous, unexpected, unplanned for interruptions from the normal day-to-day routine.  

Unplanned fun, an unplanned surprise, an unplanned special date...  this makes life exciting and keeps it from getting mundane!

My husband and I often surprise each other with spontaneous fun.  I'll grab his hand when he comes in the door and we'll dance to a special song in the living room, we'll go out for a spontaneous coffee, we'll surprise each other with a card or small gift.  I'll burn him a music CD, or text him "143" [which means I love you].  

Challenge:  If it's at the top of the list for men, and I KNOW women love spontaneity as well, make it a point to do something spontaneous within the next few days.  It doesn't have to be costly, just put a little forethought into it!  Have your honey singing the Fleetwood Mac oldie:  You make lovin' fun!

No comments: