Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Your People Will Be My People...

The other night some people were watching Failure to Launch at our house.  When I saw the part where the girl knew she had to get in good with the guy's friends in order to win him over, I saw that it is pretty common and accepted knowledge that when you love someone you appreciate their friends, and it is important that their friends like you too.

Friends are a big part of our lives.  The friends your spouse has and values represent people that have put into your spouse's life, as well as people he/she values.  Be sure that you take the time, effort and energy to get to know and appreciate your spouse's friends.  Take part in activities with them, and accompany your spouse when you can.  The investment will not only bond you to people who are important to your spouse, but it will definitely bond you closer to you spouse as well!  

I am so happy that my husband has taken the time to get to know and appreciate my friends, and I have taken the time and energy to appreciate his friends and work associates.  It is never wasted time to get to know people who are important to your spouse!  Take the time to go out as couples and appreciate people together -- the end result will be a much stronger relationship for you and your spouse!

Challenge:  Make and take time to get together with your spouse's friends this week!  Ask your spouse if he/she wants to have friends over and plan it!  

And Ruth said, Urge me not to leave you or to turn back from following you; for where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people and your God my God.”  (Ruth 1:16 AMP)

No comments: