Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Gift of Work

Two times this week I heard this lesson, and it is one my husband and I have always believed, so I wanted to share it today. God worked SIX days and rested ONE, and we are to follow His lead:

“Six days you shall labor and do all your work,...” (Ex 20:9-10 AMP)

It is a gift from God to be able to work. I know so many people now who just wish they could work, because their jobs have been cut.

I love the fact that I married a hard working man. I am a hard worker too, often catching up with chores and projects well after midnight! It seems I never stop! My husband never stops either. Never complains about working. I get MAD because if he sees snow that needs to be shoveled, he is outside shoveling snow in his suit!!! If he comes in from a trip, on the way in he will clean out the pond area or bring trash cans in. He is not a "whose job is this" or "why should I do this" type person, but he just chips in all the time, every time.

I think if we all got fired up about what a blessing it is to labor, we'd be able to get it together much faster.

Challenge: This week get to some of those cleaning projects you've been putting off! Work hard and do all you can to keep things rolling at your house!

No comments: