Saturday, November 29, 2008

Getting Out of a Rut

Isaac Newton's first law of motion states: Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.

When you and your spouse get into a rut, you need to do something differently.  One of you needs to break into the routine to change things.  

It is interesting that when one person steps out to be extra thoughtful or kind, it does set in motion an impetus for the other person to behave in kind.

Many times when I don't feel like going out of my way for my husband, I will do so inspired even by the sheer discipline of getting my "body under subjection," and inevitably my husband reciprocates and then we just keep the ball rolling!

Challenge:  Are you ready to lift the bar higher than the mundane routine??!!  Go out of your way to do some amazingly wonderful things for your spouse.  Be consistent and you may inspire each other to keep the ball rolling!

No comments: